This is a very basic guide to algae, including freshwater, terrestrial and marine algae (seaweeds).
- What are algae?
- Blue-green algae (Cyanophyceae; Cyanobacteria)
- Brown algae (Ochrophyta, Phaeophyceae)
- Green algae (Chlorophyta, Chlorophyceae)
- Red algae (Rhodophyta)
- Diatoms (Ochrophyta, Bacillariophyceae)
- Dinoflagellates (Myzozoa, Dinophyceae)
These notes are intended as an introduction to algae: high-school students and first-year students in universities should get further material from recommended text-books.